Ruining Me

Ruining Me - Nicole Reed I don't have anything to start this review off with so I'm just gonna dive in and say it straight...That applause in the cafeteria (and somewhere else because apparently once is not enough) while everyone looked on as they kiss. Rhye's song. JT's pre-game speech. But mostly it was the applause scenes... good grief, so much cheese to work off my system.This is the story of Jay, former high school sweetheart, recent skank about town-- or so it seems. Because Jay carries a terrible secret... until 20% in when you pretty much figure out what happened to her. Then there's the three hot guys vying for her love: JT- the ex-boyfriend jock, Rhye - the sexy, brooding musician and Kane - the hot bartender who didn't really get to do any bar tending in this book.I don't mind much when the plot is predictable and I love the mess of a love.. square as the next NA fan. I'm not even bothered by the editing issues on this one, I've survived worse. What drove me crazy was the characters' logic."The most logical for me would be to go to sleep and not wake up. First I have to take care of this. My cousin had told me of a place that a friend of hers had went to last year to have an abortion."Yes, because in her emotional turmoil after learning she's pregnant with her rapist's child, Jay figured she must have the abortion first THEN overdose on the sleeping pills. I can imagine her writing that down in her planner. And two years after all of these shitastic things that have happened to Jay, her parents (who sounds like logical people to me whenever they appear) leave her alone in their house for weeks' time.The dialogue was dull. The secondary characters felt like tokens and a lot of the scenes seem gratuitous. The first 75% of the book, all Jay did was run away from every conversation. Nothing gets resolved. This was supposed to be a quick read but dragged on and on and on for me. But when it was over...