Breaking Point (I-Team Series #5)

Breaking Point - Pamela Clare This book is right up there as one of my favorite reads for the year. Thanks to this nugget of hilarity from Marc Hunter (who is quite possibly, the perfect blend of alpha and funny, for me anyway).Marc to Gabe: "What do you know about the lemon stuff? You weren't in desert combat. You were a park ranger. I'm not dissing that. It's an important job. Someone has to keep the chipmunks in line. I've watched Chip and Dale. I know how sneaky those little bastards can be.” This had me going for a good while. Even while posting this review, I can't keep myself from grinning. And it has to be put out there, because after Gabe's book, I kept thinking "that poor guy (Gabe) will get the brunt of the jokes by the sheer nature and backgrounds of the rest of the alpha males in the series."So a solid 5-stars! Though my favorite from the series is still Unlawful Contact, Breaking Point felt like a Bad Ass All-Stars novel. The first half taking place outside of Denver was a very welcome change from the usual format of the previous I-Team novels. The Big Bads were fittingly scary and the situations Zach and Natalie were put through were scarier (kidnapping in Mexico? Walking through a desert? Scorpions?!)Natalie, thus far, redefines for me what a strong heroine should be. being fit inside a bag, walking through a desert WHILE carrying firearms, targeted by a firebomb, getting thrown onto a roof of a building in the middle of a godawful storm , not to mention surviving a horrible event in her life WHILE in the middle of freaking Hurricane Katrina, Natalie Benoit shall be the yardstick from which all badass heroines should be measured with.I'm almost NOT looking forward to the next book because this feels like what a satisfying conclusion to the series. But then I know Ms. Clare will prove me wrong again, and THAT I am looking forward to.