The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) - Kristen Ashley This is me eating my words.I didn't like Wildest Dreams. So much so I swore off reading the entire series to completion. But after trying to read other authors' works, I began to miss Kristen Ashley's world so I found myself starting The Golden Dynasty at 9 PM and didn't get any sleep until I finished it the next day. None whatsoever. Black Tar Heroin.My issues with Wildest Dreams stems from the fact that it read like a Mary Sue GoT fanfiction through and through. This book still reads like a GoT fanfiction (I did read in some forums Khal Drogo and Danaerys Targaryen were the inspirations for the hero and heroine in GD) but definitely not Mary Sue. Because what the heroine went through with this book... now that's some angst. And I love myself a good dose of angst. The conflicts and how the characters react and relate to them felt genuine. I know people may have issues about what takes place in the first few pages of the book (and understandably so) but I guess the premise shed some clarity to it. I wish the translations came immediately after the statements and a lighter hand on the similarities to GoT (Valyrian? Really?) but again these didn't keep me from loving the book.Looking at the reviews for Fantastical makes me a bit... squeamish (it sounds a bit fluffy...) but then, GD taught me never to doubt KA's ability to make me eat my words :-)